- 40% of food in America is wasted.
- 90% of us throw away food too soon.
- 20% of the food we each buy never gets eaten.
- Each of us tosses nearly 300 pounds of food each year.
- We want to change that. Because our food is too good to waste.
Wasted food is a social, financial, and environmental issue.
Here in Deschutes County, it is estimated that a quarter of what goes into our local landfill is wasted food. We’re better than that. It’s time to rethink food waste, and we want to help you do it.
First, take stock of how much food you actually end up wasting. Then, use our tips to help you plan and utilize your food better.