- 40% of food in America is wasted.
- ~26% of Deschutes County’s own Knott Landfill consists of wasted food.
- 90% of us throw away food too soon.
- 20% of the food we each buy never gets eaten.
- Each of us tosses nearly 300 pounds of food each year.
- We want to change that. Because our food is too good to waste.
We’re better than that. It’s time to rethink food waste, and we want to help you do it. We challenge you: pledge to waste less food!
Are you up for the challenge?
Find out about how much you waste:
Pledge to waste less food at home.
What about work?:
Learn more about reducing food waste in the workplace.
Get more information:
Schedule a food waste prevention presentation for your club, workplace, or organization!
Email Ani to schedule: [email protected]