- 40% of food in America is wasted.
- ~26% of Deschutes County’s own Knott Landfill consists of wasted food.
- 90% of us throw away food too soon.
- 20% of the food we each buy never gets eaten.
- Each of us tosses nearly 300 pounds of food each year.
- We want to change that. Because our food is too good to waste.
We’re better than that. It’s time to rethink food waste, and we want to help you do it. We challenge you: pledge to waste less food!
Are you up for the challenge?
Pledge to waste less food!
Sign up for our 4 week Rethink Food Waste Challenge E-mail Series and learn what food you’re wasting in your home and how to prevent it. Pledge to waste less food! Have a friend who could benefit? Sign them up, too!
Here is the official challenge document: How to take the challenge and what you need to do it. Those who have taken our Rethink Food Waste Challenge reduced their wasted food by an average of 40%! How low can Deschutes County go?
Schedule a food waste prevention presentation for your club, workplace or organization!
Email Ani to schedule: [email protected]