The age of technology means we have an utterly overwhelming supply of information at our fingertips. Sometimes it’s a bane, but often a blessing! I just found some food on the verge of going bad that needs to be used tonight. What should I do?
First of all, I just want to say that technology usually refers to computers, but an old fashioned technology that is often forgotten is pen and paper.
- Start taping a list to the front of your freezer so you know immediately what’s in there!
Here are some awesome articles all about how to use up leftover things:
Here are some recipe data bases or apps that make it easy to search by ingredient:
- Handpick recipe app
- 5 great menu planning apps
- Yummly is a great site – just put a few ingredients in the search bar
- This recipe website, called super cook, lets has check boxes for common ingredients.
Did you know Alexa can help you with food waste? And other technologies, too.
- Alexa has been programed to help you remember what’s in your fridge. If you use this device, it’s worth looking in to how to use this function! But it’s pretty interesting to know about, even if you don’t have it.
- Check out this list of crazy new technologies that are also helping folks reduce food waste!
Speaking of technology, one rethink food waste challenge participant, Kim Ely, is writing about her experience in the challenge on her blog!
- Check out Kim’s blog here.